Monday, August 31, 2009

Jonathan's Birthday Parties 7/26-28/09

We celebrated Jonathan's birthday three days in a row. Sunday we had Crosby dinner at our house. I wish we could have invited more people, but our home is just not big enough. As it was we sat seven adults and two children around our small round table. We had BBQ pork sandwiches, homemade french fries thanks to Matthew and Kathryn, yummy salad thanks to Dave and Jodi, cheesecake for dessert, and wonderful company thanks to everyone already mentioned and Grandma Crosby and Lucy.


Here is the blueberry and strawberry cheesecake, oh yeah and the birthday boy.

The next day was Jonathan's actual birthday. I surprised him by taking a cake to his work. Of course, almost everyone on his team is on diets, so they wouldn't eat it. I think I am going to stop trying to surprise Jonathan. It always seems to not turn out the way I plan. For dinner we went to Red Lobster to satisfy his fish craving. Then off to Krispy Kreme for free doughnuts. Mmm!! Shortly before his birthday he lost his wedding ring wake boarding, so I surprised him with a new one. Once again, my surprise didn't turn out too great. I knew it wasn't exactly like his original ring, but I had no idea how different it was. Oh well, he says he likes it. We were then off to Kevin and Kirstan's house to celebrate both Jonathan and Kandy's birthday. Since it was Monday we had FHE. I want to make it a tradition to have homemade ice cream for the birthdays in our family, so that is what we had. Of course, we didn't want to make anyone too caked out, so Kirstan got doughnuts so we could sing to the birthday girl and boy.


Jonathan and Kandy getting ready to blow out their candles.

Jonathan loves to play ultimate frisbee, so Tuesday we planned to play. Dave, Lucy, Matthew, Kathryn, and Jerry were there. Michael, Jen, and Emily were in town, so they were able to come too. Since I knew no one would want cake after playing we brought otter pops. We wished more people would have been able to show up, but we still had fun.

I am glad that Jonathan lets me try to make a big deal out of his birthday even though he says he would rather me not. I love him and can't imagine my life without him.

2 comments:

Seth & Erin Finch said...

awesome, way to go all out.

*Ashley said...

Happy very late birthday Johnny! Sorry we couldn't make it to any of the festivities!