Friday, July 11, 2008

Memories....sounded fun

Got this idea from another blog. Looked like fun, so here it goes....Here are the directions:

1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!

2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you.

I'll respond if you do!

5 comments:

KOCHERHANS said...

Miss Melina - thank you for your memory - it was the sweetest. I too have many fond memories of teaching you in YW....many. YW is my all time favorite calling (laurels to be exact) and you group of girls were the first ones I ever taught and so there will always be a special place in my heart for each of you. My memory of you comes several years later however......When we walked into the chirpractor office and I hadn't seen you for like 3 years or so and I recognized you, but didn't want to say anything because I wasn't sure if you remembered me, but you did! I will never forget how 'excited' you looked to see me and I cannot tell you how that made my day! For you to remember and actually be excited to see me. And then to invite me to your reception (that I am so sorry I missed) and baby shower. You have grown into the most beautiful wife and mother.....I knew you would. Thank you Melina for being such a good friend and remembering me, of all people, for the special things in your life. Love you! Tara

Whitney said...

I havn't know you all that long but one of the memories I have is of Johnny and Yours wedding reception. You looked so beautiful in your dress and the dancing was great! Cord and I danced our first dance there and ill always remember Johnny and you dancing. You looked so happy and still do! I swear everytime I see you guys It makes me want to be a better spouse. And you can't forget the Suns game on in the living room where most of the guys resided for the night lol. Thank you!

Sparks Haven said...

Hi Melina! When I married your Dad, I was hopeful that I could have great relationships with his family. I particularly had a special fondness for you that I felt from the very beginning, but was often unsure how you felt. One day we were standing in the kitchen, discussing with some other family members what I should cook, and you happily said "blueberry waffle-stix! They are really good"! It was interesting what a profound effect those words had on me. It was, to me, saying that I did at least one thing that you liked! It felt good to know about a specific way in which my efforts were accepted. Maybe it sounds like I am making too much of a little thing, but it was a big thing to me! Thank you! Now, each time I make blueberry waffle-stix, this little memory brings a smile to my heart! Love, Diane

E is for Elmes said...

Oh melina which of the many memories should I share... we have know each other for what seems like forever (actually since 5th grade)but whatever. Anyways one of the most funny memories I recall is when we were about 10 years old. We lived across the street from each other. I remember spending the night at your house and we were reinacting our own version of "Peter Coatin Tail" and for some reason I vividly remember that we HAD to jump of the Hearth (step/seat infront of the fireplace). Heaven only knows why we were doing this. But for some odd reason we found it to be entertaining. HA! We were soooo GOOFY!!!

Sparks Fam said...

I had to scroll all the way down to find this post. I have been thinking of different memories for a while now but today I was telling Carter a story and I realized it's probably one of my favs. I remembered when we went to the zoo for your school project (you, me & Carter) and we stopped at the barnyard pens. You and I were talking and not realizing that a peacock/turkey thing was slowly walking closer to Carter. We finally noticed when it was nose to nose with her, with a cage in between of course, and the peacock started squaking super loud right at Carter. Carter was in tears but we were cracking up! That was a fun, and funny, day.