Saturday, November 7, 2009

Halloween Weekend 10/30-31/09

I found this hat and shirt at Target and decided Raylin would make a cute candy corn. I made the tutu, so not many people knew what she was supposed to be unless she was wearing her hat. I didn't really care. I thought she looked cute. Friday night our ward had a huge neighborhood Halloween party. There was chili, hot dogs, and cornbread for dinner. Many of the houses had people out handing out candy and putting on fun activities for the children such as fishing, a cake walk, etc... It was cold, but we had a good time.


This was Friday morning. I was making sure Raylin's costume fit. Her hair isn't done, so she looks a little sloppy. It is so difficult to get a still picture of this busy little girl. I was worried that she wouldn't keep her tutu on because she kept taking it off when we were at home.


After dinner Raylin went wondering. She found this chair to sit in. I made her mad because I put her back in the chair so we could get a picture. I am such a mean mom.


Here we are walking home from the fun party. Thank you everyone who helped out. It was a great party.

The next day we had a Halloween party with Jonathan's brothers and families and Jodi's brother and family. We had a yummy dinner, took the kids trick or treating, and watched a movie.


Here is Lucy, the black sheep.


Raylin got to ride in Blake and Laura's stroller. Jonathan let her wear his silly glasses.


I realize there aren't many picture of me on this blog, which I am ok with, but I was a little sad that I never got a picture of my darker hair when I first had it done. It still looks dark, so here is a picture of me.


Jonathan and I dressed up in 70's clothes.


Mike, Jen, and Emily dressed up in 50's clothes.


Dave and Jodi dressed up in 80's clothes. Yes, it was planned that way, sort of.


Matthew dressed up as Kathryn, a cute pregnant wife, and Kathryn dressed up as Matthew, a medical student.


Raylin got hold of a chocolate candy bar and managed to get it all over herself. Messy. It was a fun night. Thank you everyone for all that you did.

2 comments:

Sparks Haven said...

So fun!!! We love the candy corn gal! Whar a cute tu-tu! It is great to see pics of you, too, Melina! It was neat to see your dark hair--you look great! Looks like a fun time! Let's see, if we put ALL our comments, we will run out of room! Fun post!!!Love, from Grandpa Bill and Grandma Diane

Kathryn said...

Thanks for posting, Melina. It's so fun to see those Halloween pictures. Thanks for being the designated photographers of the night! I'm glad you're feeling better, but just so you know, you haven't been difficult to be around.