Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Some Firsts 6/3, 6/6, & 6/7/09

Raylin starting taking steps the beginning of May. On June 3rd she starting walking around a lot. Before she would only walk to people from people. Now she walks everywhere.

On June 6th she finally started to stand all by herself. Meaning not pulling herself up on things to stand. Now she does that all of the time too.


We finally decided that she was big enough for her forward facing car seat. At least she is 1 and the scale at home said she was 20 pounds. Sundays are tough napping days, so this is what happened about 5 minutes into the drive to my mom's house. I thought great she loves her new seat. I was so wrong. Other than this first drive she will last for maybe 2 minutes and then she screams the rest of the way. I thought maybe it was because we kept putting her in it late at night when she had been up way past her bedtime. I really have no idea. We decided to turn it around since it is a convertible car seat and she is now back to rear facing. Of course, that hasn't solved the problem. She still doesn't like it. She still screams and it makes me an even more frustrated driver. As if I wasn't already frustrated at all the crazy drivers I now have a child screaming in my ear. I don't think I can handle it anymore. She used to be the perfect car baby. I hope this is just a phase and she gets over it fast.

4 comments:

Anderson Family said...

When Nikolai was about a baby he hated car rides also. He would scream and scream and no matter what I did it didn't help. One day about 15 minutes into a 20 minute drive of which he had screamed for all of it a Garth Brooks song came on the radio and, like magic, Nikolai stopped crying. I figured it was too good to be true but the next day I brought a Garth Brooks CD with me in the car, just to try it out. It worked. As long as I had Garth Brooks playing Nikolai would be quiet. He gradually adjusted to listening to any country music but for that year or so where only Garth would do I had all of his songs memorized.

I'm so sorry you're going through this. I know how frustrating it can be. Keep looking for something that will help by trying anything and everything you can think of no matter how dumb you think it sounds :) and you'll discover her "magic" button eventually.

E is for Elmes said...

first of all, we have the same exact carseat. so with that said... the bottom of it has a part that Flips forward or back. wich makes the seat sit up REALLY STRAIGHT OR lets the seat RECLINE. When Adelyn was new to the forward facing thing we kept it in the Reclined position. But now she is good either way. Maybe that could help a little. Also you may want to put her in the center buckle of the back seat so that way she can see you better and maybe even see out the windsheild too! Or try some WHITE NOISE.... flip on the radio to the AM section and turn up the static/in between stations. That was a life saver for us, I mean it's kind of crazy to think that we liked to hear static over screaming but we do! So hope some thing helps you and your cute little passanger!

Sparks Haven said...

Good advice from caring people! My youngest, Kristopher, had lots of colds & ear infections, and was most unhappy in the car when he had one. It got so I could tell he had an infection from his change in car riding behavior even before the other symptoms got obvious! Good luck! Parenting has so many mysteries!!! Love, Diane

Reese & Christi Jones Family said...

Wow I can't believe how big she is!! How fun! I need your email address so I can send you an invite to my blog. Email me at christijoneslmt@msn.com