Friday, November 11, 2011

Roommates 9/26-11/11/11

We decided it was time to have Raylin and Kiley share a room. Poor Kiley has been sleeping in her pack n play in the bathroom since we moved to a two bedroom apartment. Having them share a room has been a nightmare.


Raylin would knock Kiley's bed over and sleep on the side of it. This was during nap time.

It wasn't long before Kiley learned to get out of her pack n play, thanks to Raylin, and so she was moved to a toddler bed. We only have one, so most nights the mattresses were just on the floor. That is ok because Kiley falls out of it.

Here are a plethora of pictures from when the girls finally went to bed on several nights.












I finally decide it was time to give up. I gave it a month, but I didn't like that neither of them were getting enough sleep. Raylin is a night owl and would keep Kiley up and Kiley wakes up about the same time every morning no matter what and would wake up Raylin too. Maybe we will try again before the baby comes, but for now I turned the main bathroom into a bedroom for Kiley. Don't worry we turned off the water and covered the toilet. Hopefully she doesn't hate us for this when she is older. So far it has worked out great.


At first we had the toddler bed in Kiley's new "room," but she kept falling out and would get stuck, so now she is on a mattress on the floor.


I thought it was funny to find Raylin like this too. She doesn't usually fall out of her bed.

1 comment:

Sparks Haven said...

The idea of letting Kiley sleep in the bathroom is brilliant! Hope that it is still working out OK.