Friday, November 25, 2011

Jonathan's Break and the Zoo 11/14-25/11

Jonathan got a much needed and deserved break from school. He does a great job juggling school, his calling, and his family. It was so nice to have him around more for two whole weeks. We didn't plan anything major, but we had fun anyway.

We did get to go to the zoo, along with Dave and Matthew and their families. The weather was perfect and the animals were fun to watch.

A pink flamingo on one leg. Apparently they sleep this way. It was funny to watch because it took awhile for this one to get comfortable. He kept kicking his other leg under his feathers over and over again.


A zebra.


Huge tortoise.


I was surprised at how many animals were awake and doing things. It seems like every time I go to the zoo it is nap time. This time I think the flamingos were the only ones sleeping.


This peacock wasn't in a cage. It was crazy how close we were able to get.

Thanksgiving was also during the break. We got together with the Crosbys at Uncle Scott and Aunt Jan's house. I didn't get any pictures that day. :(

Uncle Daniel reading to the girls the night before. They love their uncle.

Jonathan is now half-way done with his in class schooling. It is pretty intense. Can't wait for the next break.

No comments: