Monday - Traveling to Kauai
We left early that morning to the airport. Thanks Jonny for the ride. We were a little worried about how Raylin would do on the plane, so we did a lot of praying that she would be quiet. Our prayers were answered because she was amazing. She even fell asleep in my lap which she never does.
Tuesday – The West Side: Hanapepe & Waimea
The first day we decided to hang out on the West side. This is the Hanapepe Swinging Bridge. Of course, Jonathan had to make it swing more than it would normally on its own. Raylin loved it.
Melina and Raylin smiling for the camera in front of the palm tree, one of many seen on the island.
Apparently the best shaved ice on the island is found in Waimea at Jo Jo’s Clubhouse. They have this coconut cream that we tried. It was so yummy. Raylin loved it too. Daddy just loves to put anything she can in her mouth.
Kauai has its own Grand Canyon. This is Waimea Canyon and it is beautiful.
Our little family in front of the view.
Next stop was Waipo’o Falls. This was our first hike with Raylin (1.8 miles). Thanks Robert and Holly for the carrier, she loved it. I was so worried about Raylin being able to take naps on this trip and so I was amazed and so happy that she was able to sleep in the carrier. This was my attempt to keep Raylin shaded from the sun.
Only Jonathan could spot this little mouse on the trail. It was pretty cute. There was no way I would touch it though.
You can’t take too many pictures right?? Here is Jonathan sporting Raylin’s sunglasses.
This lookout was right before we made it to the waterfall. Once again, beautiful.
We made it to the bottom. Jonathan took off to swim in the tiny waterfall. I was just checking to see if Raylin was still asleep in this picture. She was in front of me and I couldn’t see her. She was wide awake as you can see.
I really thought that I restocked the bag with diapers. Apparently I hadn’t and of course she had to have a blowout at the bottom of the hike. Good thing we had wipes. We used her burp cloth since it is a cloth diaper and we made it out just fine. Fun little adventures make the trip more exciting.
1 comment:
All this stuff you guys are doing looks so cool. Keep making memories.
Post a Comment